Start Date: August 24, 2016
Graduation Date: May 24, 2017
- 720 hours
- Daily schedule 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Tuition: $7,650.00*
Financial Aid Available
Call (814) 266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436
This program provides instruction in all of the major areas of auto body repair, from cost estimation to finish coat application. The student will learn theory and applications relative to MIG welding, metal straightening and metal shrinkage, collision damage repair and parts replacement, as well as, plastic repair and using waterborne paint systems. Additional instruction in frame straightening and repair, glass replacement, electrical system repair, panel installation, trim work, surface refinishing, paint color matching, and paint spraying techniques are included in this program. Training is provided using the latest equipment available in the industry. Graduates are qualified for entry-level employment in new car dealerships, used car businesses, privately owned, and national chain auto body repair and collision repair centers. Students who qualify will receive a PA state inspection license and an OSHA 10 General industry card. Upon successful program completion, the student is awarded a diploma.
General areas of training**:
- Introduction to Auto Body
- Auto Body Welding
- Paint and Refinishing
- Exterior and Interior Trim
- Mechanical Services
- Frame and Unibody Construction and Repair
*Note: Tuition subject to change. Tuition does not include costs for books, tools, background checks, certification fees/or related program fees.
**In an effort to stay current with changes and trends in the industry, program curriculum may change during the program year.
- Call the adult education career counselor at (814) 266-6073 x233 or (814) 266-6073 x133 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to schedule a tour and/or make a registration interview appointment.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be prepared to bring the $100 registration fee with you to the registration interview. This fee must be paid before your interview begins and is non-refundable. Payment of this fee secures your seat in the class and will be deducted from your tuition once you begin your program.
- During the interview, which is conducted by the adult education career coach, school policies and procedures will be reviewed. Additionally, any entrance requirements you must complete will be reviewed. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the program and/or the school.
- After your interview, you should begin the application process for financial aid (if applicable).
- Once all requirements are met, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the Supervisor of Adult Education.
Still have questions? Please submit them below or call 814-266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436