Start Date: August 24, 2016
Graduation Date: May 24, 2017
- 720 hours
- Daily schedule 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Tuition: $7,650.00*
Financial Aid Available
Call (814) 266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436
This program offers an opportunity for students to develop the knowledge and skills most desirable for entering the construction industry. The student will progress through the major areas of carpentry, masonry, plumbing, HVAC, and electric. Special emphasis is placed on safety and the proper care of the tools used in the trade. Students are being prepared for entry-level employment working with contractors and home builders, home repairers and remodelers, service repair shops, hospitals, and self-employment. Students who qualify will receive an OSHA 10-hour Safety Card. At program completion, the student is awarded a diploma.
General areas of training*:
- Construct building projects from blueprint to completion
- Explore and develop techniques in carpentry, masonry, plumbing, HVAC, and electric
- Operate a wide range of professional hand, power, and air tools
*In an effort to stay current with changes and trends in the industry, program curriculum may change during the program year. Tuition and related program fees are also subject to change. Tuition does not include costs for books, tools, background checks, certification fees/or related program fees.
- Call the adult education career counselor at (814) 266-6073 x233 or (814) 266-6073 x133 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to schedule a tour and/or make a registration interview appointment.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be prepared to bring the $100 registration fee with you to the registration interview. This fee must be paid before your interview begins and is non-refundable. Payment of this fee secures your seat in the class and will be deducted from your tuition once you begin your program.
- During the interview, which is conducted by the adult education career coach, school policies and procedures will be reviewed. Additionally, any entrance requirements you must complete will be reviewed. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the program and/or the school.
- After your interview, you should begin the application process for financial aid (if applicable).
- Once all requirements are met, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the Supervisor of Adult Education.
Still have questions? Please submit them below or call 814-266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436