- 1,250 hours
- Tuition: $12,927.00*
Financial Aid Available
Call (814) 266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436
The Cosmetology program at Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center is licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology. Students will receive training in the following areas: hair coloring, foiling, chemical re-texturizing, hair cutting, nail care, artificial nails, skin care, makeup, hair removal, hair styling, hair extensions, formal hair styling, shampooing, scalp treatments, customer relations, record keeping, decontamination, and infection control. After training, the student is eligible to apply for and take the State Board of Cosmetology licensing examination. Upon passing the examination, the student is licensed and qualified for entry-level employment in the cosmetology field. Both men and women are enrolled in this program and do extremely well in the cosmetology industry. Upon successful program completion, the student is awarded a diploma. (Please note that the cosmetology “Instructor Program” is also available – please call for details).
General areas of training**:
- Scientific Concepts
- Professional Practices and Employability Skills
- Hair Designing
- Chemical Services
- Manicuring and Pedicure Skills
- Skin Care
- Physical Services
*Note: Tuition subject to change. Tuition does not include costs for books, tools, background checks, certification fees/or related program fees.
**In an effort to stay current with changes and trends in the industry, program curriculum may change during the program year.
- Call the adult education career counselor at (814) 266-6073 x233 or (814) 266-6073 x133 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to schedule a tour and/or make a registration interview appointment.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be prepared to bring the $100 registration fee with you to the registration interview. This fee must be paid before your interview begins and is non-refundable. Payment of this fee secures your seat in the class and will be deducted from your tuition once you begin your program.
- During the interview, which is conducted by the adult education career coach, school policies and procedures will be reviewed. Additionally, any entrance requirements you must complete will be reviewed. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the program and/or the school.
- After your interview, you should begin the application process for financial aid (if applicable).
- Once all requirements are met, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the Supervisor of Adult Education.
Still have questions? Please submit them below or call 814-266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436