Start Date: August 24, 2016
Graduation Date: May 24, 2017
- 720 hours
- Daily schedule 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Tuition: $7,650.00*
Financial Aid Available
Call (814) 266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436
The Diesel Mechanics program provides theory and practice relative to the operation, maintenance and repair of heavy industrial and construction equipment, such as dump trucks, buses, tractors, bulldozers, backhoes, graders, and related gasoline and diesel machinery. Preventive maintenance, engine testing and analysis are taught. Students will also be taught safety principles when using modern hand and power tools, hydraulics, pneumatics, electricity, gearboxes, gasoline and diesel engines and doing oxyacetylene cutting, and ARC and MIG welding. This program prepares students for entry-level employment in companies needing heavy equipment maintenance and repair, such as trucking companies, construction companies, warehouses, etc. Students who qualify will receive a PA state inspection license and an OSHA 10 General industry card. Upon successful program completion, the student is awarded a diploma.
General areas of training**:
- Engines: Diesel & Gasoline
- Employability Skills
- Engine Systems
- Steering & Suspension
- Brakes: Air & Hydraulics
- Systems: Electrical & Electronic
- Preventive Maintenance
- Fabrication & Welding
- Drive Trains
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
*Note: Tuition subject to change. Tuition does not include costs for books, tools, background checks, certification fees/or related program fees.
**In an effort to stay current with changes and trends in the industry, program curriculum may change during the program year.
- Call the adult education career counselor at (814) 266-6073 x233 or (814) 266-6073 x133 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to schedule a tour and/or make a registration interview appointment.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be prepared to bring the $100 registration fee with you to the registration interview. This fee must be paid before your interview begins and is non-refundable. Payment of this fee secures your seat in the class and will be deducted from your tuition once you begin your program.
- During the interview, which is conducted by the adult education career coach, school policies and procedures will be reviewed. Additionally, any entrance requirements you must complete will be reviewed. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the program and/or the school.
- After your interview, you should begin the application process for financial aid (if applicable).
- Once all requirements are met, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the Supervisor of Adult Education.
Still have questions? Please submit them below or call 814-266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436