Start Date: August 23, 2017
Graduation Date: May 22, 2018
- 720 hours
- Daily schedule 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Tuition: $8,000.00*
Financial Aid Available
Call (814) 266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436
This program includes instructional theory and hands-on experience at an on-site child care center. Instructional units include the following: establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment; advance physical and intellectual competence; support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance; establish positive and productive relationships with families; ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to children’s needs; and maintain a commitment to professionalism. Students are being prepared for entry-level employment in private and nationally-known child care and preschool centers. Students complete the requirements for a Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate. At program completion, the student is awarded a diploma.
General areas of training**:
- Health and Safety
- Pennsylvania State Regulations
- Child Growth and Development
- Discipline and Guidance
- Programs and Activities
- Nutrition and Food Service
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
- Employability Skills
*Note: Tuition subject to change. Tuition does not include costs for books, tools, background checks, certification fees/or related program fees.
**In an effort to stay current with changes and trends in the industry, program curriculum may change during the program year.
- Call the adult education career counselor at (814) 266-6073 x233 or (814) 266-6073 x133 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to schedule a tour and/or make a registration interview appointment.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be prepared to bring the $100 registration fee with you to the registration interview. This fee must be paid before your interview begins and is non-refundable. Payment of this fee secures your seat in the class and will be deducted from your tuition once you begin your program.
- During the interview, which is conducted by the adult education career coach, school policies and procedures will be reviewed. Additionally, any entrance requirements you must complete will be reviewed. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the program and/or the school.
- After your interview, you should begin the application process for financial aid (if applicable).
- Once all requirements are met, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the Supervisor of Adult Education.
Still have questions? Please submit them below or call 814-266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436