JOHNSTOWN CAMPUS START DATES
Fall Class (August 30, 2017)
MONROEVILLE CAMPUS START DATES
Summer Class (June of 2017)
Fall Class (October 24, 2017)
- 1603 Hours
- Daily schedule
Theory: 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Clinical: 6:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- Locations in Johnstown and Monroeville
- For start dates at all campuses call (814) 266-6073 or (888) 434-4436
- 2017-2018 Tuition: $15,225.00*
Financial Aid Available
Watch our program intro video:
Call (814) 266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436
The Practical Nursing (PN) program prepares men and women for a career as a licensed practical nurse in the various areas of the health care field. The curriculum offers structured learning opportunities for the student to develop nursing knowledge and clinical skills as related to health maintenance, diseases prevention, care of the sick and injured, and rehabilitation of the disabled. Following successful completion of the licensing exam (NCLEX-PN), graduates are prepared for entry-level employment as licensed practical nurses. At successful program completion, the student is awarded a diploma. Articulation agreements are available with this program for furthering your education.
Program of study: The PN program offers multiple classes per year in Johnstown and Monroeville, Pennsylvania. The 1,603-hour PN program includes 812 theory hours and 791 hours of clinical experience. The full-time program is divided into three sixteen-week levels of classroom and clinical experiences.
General areas of training**:
- Nursing Fundamentals
- Body Structure and Functions
- Personal and Vocational Relationships
- Mathematics for Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Family-Centered Maternity Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
We encourage you to download our Practical Nursing Program Student Handbook.
To request a transcript, please fill out a PN graduate transcript request form.
*Note: Tuition subject to change. Tuition does not include costs for books, tools, background checks, certification fees/or related program fees.
**In an effort to stay current with changes and trends in the industry, program curriculum may change during the program year.
- Complete and submit the Program Application
- Obtain a TEAS Exam study guide and begin to study
- Call 814-266-6073 ext 201 to register and pay for the TEAS exam (there is a $60.00 exam fee.) An acceptable TEAS cumulative or overall score for our program is 55%.
- After passing the TEAS Exam you are eligible for an interview and must pay $100.00 registration fee to secure your seat in the class (this can be scheduled the same day that you test)
- Contact your high school and request an OFFICIAL transcript (please be sure to ask to have the graduation date printed on the transcript.)
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be prepared to bring the $100 registration fee with you to the test. This fee must be paid before your interview begins and is non-refundable. Payment of this fee secures your seat in the class and will be deducted from your tuition once you begin your program.
- During the interview, which is conducted by the adult education career coach or the Nursing Coordinator, school policies and procedures will be reviewed. Additionally, any entrance requirements you must complete will be reviewed. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the program and/or the school.
- After your interview, you should begin the application process for financial aid (if applicable). For more information, visit FASFA.ed.gov.
- Once all requirements are met, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the Coordinator of Practical Nursing.
Still have questions? Please submit them below or call 814-266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436