Start Date: August 21, 2017
Graduation Date: February 6, 2018
- Daily schedule 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Tuition: $8,000.00
Financial Aid Available
Watch our program intro video:
Call (814) 266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436
Earn AWS Certifications; prepare for immediate employment, apprenticeship, and further education
Students who qualify will earn AWS certifications in all applicable welding processes as well as an OSHA 10 hour general industry card.
General areas of training:
- Use advanced fabrication equipment and welding techniques to build, assemble, and repair metal components
- Read blueprints to meet critical design specifications
- Develop the confidence, work ethic, and team cooperation necessary for a career in fabrication
The welding program prepares students for the following certifications offered by the American Welding Society: (Note: students must pass A.W.S. standards to the D.I.I. code book with their weld tests.)
- SMAW — Shielded Metal Arc Welding (stick welding)
- GMAW — Gas Metal Arc Welding (mig welding)
- FCAW — Flux Cored Arc Welding
- Oxy-Fuel cutting training
*Note: Tuition subject to change. Tuition does not include costs for books, tools, background checks, certification fees/or related program fees.
- Call the adult education career counselor at (814) 266-6073 x233 or (814) 266-6073 x133 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to schedule a tour and/or make a registration interview appointment.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be prepared to bring the $100 registration fee with you to the registration interview. This fee must be paid before your interview begins and is non-refundable. Payment of this fee secures your seat in the class and will be deducted from your tuition once you begin your program.
- During the interview, which is conducted by the adult education career coach, school policies and procedures will be reviewed. Additionally, any entrance requirements you must complete will be reviewed. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the program and/or the school.
- After your interview, you should begin the application process for financial aid (if applicable).
- Once all requirements are met, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the Supervisor of Adult Education.
Still have questions? Please submit them below or call 814-266-6073 x233 or 1-888-434-4436