COLLISION REPAIR AND REFINISHING EMPLOYABILITY
- Use advanced equipment and techniques found in professional auto collision repair companies
- Design, prepare, paint, and refinish vehicle surfaces
- Reconstruct vehicles back to pre-accident condition
- Business Fundamentals
- MIG/GMAW and STRSW
- Structural and Non-Structural
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- Painting and Refinishing
- Student ASE Non-Structural Repairs
- Student ASE Structural Repairs
- Student ASE Painting and Refinishing
- Student ASE Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- SP2 Collision Repair Safety Certificate
- SP2 Collision Pollution Prevention
- Automotive Safety Inspection License
- ACT National Career Readiness
Career Focus: Graduates are prepared for ICAR Certification, immediate employment, and further education.
The Blackhawk Frame Straightening machine used in the Auto Body program is an industry standard found in body shops throughout the nation.
COLLISION REPAIR AND REFINISHING COLLEGE-READY
Pennsylvania College of TechnologyGJCTC Program: Collision Repair Credits Given: 9
Penn Highland Community CollegeDegree: Associates of Applied Science Technology Management Credits Given: 15
PA SOAR Program
For more information, visit www.collegetransfer.net
To Qualify For Free SOAR Credits Offered at Participating Colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students are expected to prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by junior year.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
The most important decision students make is deciding which career path they would like to take. Greater Johnstown Career & Technology Center can help students do just that. We work with students to analyze occupational trends and match it with their particular talents and interests to help them identify the right path. Whether it’s a path that leads to college, the military, or directly into the workforce after high school, GJCTC fully prepares students for the future.