CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY EMPLOYABILITY
- Construct building projects from blueprints to completion
- Explore and develop techniques in Carpentry, Masonry, Plumbing, Electric, and an introduction to HVAC
- Operate a wide range of professional hand, power, and air tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Blue Prints
- Site Layout
- NCCR Certifications:
- Core Curriculum
- Construction Technology
- ACT National Career Readiness
Nearly one out of three brick masons, block masons, and stone masons are self-employed constructing fireplaces, patios, or walkways.
CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE-READY
Commonwealth Tech InstituteGJCTC Program: Construction Technology Credits Given: 15
Pennsylvania Highlands Community CollegeDegree: Associates of Applied Science Technology Management Degree Credits Given: 15 credits
PA SOAR Program
For more information, visit www.collegetransfer.net
To Qualify For Free SOAR Credits Offered at Participating Colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students are expected to prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by junior year.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
The most important decision students make is deciding which career path they would like to take. Greater Johnstown Career & Technology Center can help students do just that. We work with students to analyze occupational trends and match it with their particular talents and interests to help them identify the right path. Whether it’s a path that leads to college, the military, or directly into the workforce after high school, GJCTC fully prepares students for the future.