CULINARY ARTS EMPLOYABILITY
- Work side-by-side with a professional chef to create gourmet meals and desserts for catering events
- Plan, prepare, and serve meals for upscale events and casual dining
- Create and produce foods with an artistic presentation
- Safety Procedures
- Sanitation Procedures
- Purchasing & Receiving
- Storage Procedures
- Cutting Tools & Utensils
- Standardized Recipe Preparation
- Front of House Procedures
- Basic Baking Practices
- Plan & Cost Menus
- ACT National Career Readiness
- ServSafe Certification
- ProStart Certificate of Completion
Culinary Arts is the #1 employer in the nation.
Pennsylvania College of TechnologyGJCTC Program: Culinary Arts Credits Given: 9
Pennsylvania Highlands Community CollegeDegree: Associates of Applied Science Technology Management Credits Given: 15 credits
PA SOAR Program
For more information, visit www.collegetransfer.net
To Qualify For Free SOAR Credits Offered at Participating Colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students are expected to prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by junior year.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
The most important decision students make is deciding which career path they would like to take. Greater Johnstown Career & Technology Center can help students do just that. We work with students to analyze occupational trends and match it with their particular talents and interests to help them identify the right path. Whether it’s a path that leads to college, the military, or directly into the workforce after high school, GJCTC fully prepares students for the future.