EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION EMPLOYABILITY
- Prepare young children for educational success
- Research, create and present developmental appropriate learning material and activities for children
- Interact daily via onsite clinical experiences at the Learning Lamp @ GJCTC, I. U. 08, and Pressley Ridge
- Health & Safety
- Learning Environment
- Child Development
- Classroom Management and Positive Guidance
- Program Partnerships
- Standard Curriculum and Assessment
- Learning Activities
- Clinical Experience
- Crime and Violence Prevention
- ACT National Career Readiness
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Mandated Reporter
- CPR/First Aid
- New Staff Orientation
Preschool teachers are most often employed in child day care services, religious organizations, local government educational services, and private educational services.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION COLLEGE-READY
Pennsylvania College of TechnologyGJCTC Program: Early Childhood Education Credits Given: 24
Penn Highland Community CollegeGJCTC Program: Early Childhood Education Credits Given: 6/9
Pennsylvania Highlands Community CollegeDegree: Associates of Applied Science Technology Management Credits Given: 15 credits
PA SOAR Program
For more information, visit www.collegetransfer.net
To Qualify For Free SOAR Credits Offered at Participating Colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students are expected to prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by junior year.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
The most important decision students make is deciding which career path they would like to take. Greater Johnstown Career & Technology Center can help students do just that. We work with students to analyze occupational trends and match it with their particular talents and interests to help them identify the right path. Whether it’s a path that leads to college, the military, or directly into the workforce after high school, GJCTC fully prepares students for the future.